Essential and Voluntary Contributions 2017
Beaumaris Primary School receives strong support from families through the payment of student charges and voluntary contributions. This financial support enables our school to provide a wide range of curriculum programs, and maintain and develop facilities and services that would otherwise not be possible given the school’s limited financial resources. In order to offer great educational experiences for students, the School Council has decided on the school charges and voluntary contributions for 2017 as set out on the payment schedule (click through on the link at the bottom of this page.)
The school charge pays for essential educational items, the excursion levy, Mathletics and Literacy Planet, which supplement our education program, but are not totally funded through Department of Education and Training.
To view our Parent Payment Policy please click HERE
In 2017 our Prep – Year 4 students will continue the current swimming program with Bayside Aquatics. Our Year 5 and 6 beach program will focus on life saving and water safety skills as a beach program run by Bayside Aquatics. The Year 5 and 6 swimming program reflects feedback received from parents, students and teachers.
The voluntary contributions assist with the provision of learning technologies, art and library materials, performing arts materials, facilities enhancement, grounds maintenance and other much needed resources. Voluntary contributions to the Library and Building Funds are tax deductible and all are non-refundable.
This year voluntary contributions, donations and fundraising have been vital in enabling us to continually improve the learning environment for our students. These improvements include:
- Ongoing maintenance of the oval, shade cloth, grounds and play equipment
- Garden Club
- Learning centre resources, literacy, mathematics and science resources, furniture and storage
- Purchase of additional resources to enrich our visual arts, IT program, performing arts, physical education, sport and Japanese programs.
- Installation of split system air conditioning in the SALC
- Purchase of ICT equipment, additional iPads, iPad and laptop charging stations and lease of laptops
In future contributions are intended to support new programs such as:
- The acquisition of additional Literacy, Numeracy and ICT resources and support
- Future development of internal and external refurbishment of school buildings
- Purchase of replacement furniture and storage
- Ongoing grounds and maintenance works
Our preferred option of payment is through the Qkr App. This is a very convenient way for you to pay. Payment instalments are also available through Qkr.
Families who do not have an immediate capacity to pay are also able to enter into alternative and confidential payment arrangements with the school. Should you require information about financial assistance please contact the Principal, Sheryl Skewes or Business Manager, Catherine Lamb on 9589 2619.
To view the payment breakdown for 2017 please click here.